Our priority in such challenging times is the safety and welfare of our employees, suppliers and customers.
We have taken steps over the past few weeks in line with recognised government guidance;
- We have been limiting supplier and customer visits and now have a no access policy into the office from visitors and drivers etc and our Warehouse staff have no direct contact with the delivery drivers anymore.
- We have implemented a non-essential travel ban and are maintaining communications with suppliers and customers using email, phone and conference calls.
- We have bought forward stock were possible both out of European and UK suppliers.
- We have scaled up both the frequency and depth of our cleaning and sanitising protocols during this period with daily clean downs of all machinery at the end of shifts and have also increased cleaning of personal spaces in the office such as door handles, keyboards and workstation areas etc.
- We have put in place arrangements to enable remote working from home on core business processes. Shop floor day and night shift patterns have changed to allow for a physical split between both teams. To reduce cross over of people and limiting contact.
- We continue to monitor all staff health asking employees to self-isolate if they have symptoms.
- We continue to monitor the COVID 19 situation closely and endeavour to communicate and overcome any unforeseen challenges as soon as they arise.
If you notice anything at our sites that you think deserves our attention, please do share your concerns with any of our staff who will be quick to respond.
Simon Walker (Operations Director)